Division of Plant Protection
Plant Protection division deals with plant protection technologies for Paddy, Sorghum, Maize, Minor millets, Pulses, Oilseeds, Coconut, Banana, Grapes, Vegetables, Apiculture, Sericulture, Organic Pest and Storage Pests Management, Mushrooms, etc., to the farming community.
1. Need based training programmes conducted on different field crops for Practicing Farmers, Farm Women and Rural Youth
- Integrated pests and diseases management in Cereals.
- Integrated pests and diseases management in Pulses.
- Integrated pests and diseases management in Oilseed.
- Integrated pests and diseases management in Cash Crops.
- Integrated pests and diseases management in Plantation Crops.
- Integrated farming system for different ecosystem with Apiculture and Sericulture.
- Organic based Integrated pests and diseases management in different crops.
- Apiculture, Sericulture and Mushroom Rearing Technology.
- Preparation of different organic pest management products.
- Mass productions of different bio-control agents
2. Training programmes of innovative technologies conducted to Extension Functionaries for dissemination of technologies among the farmers
- Integrated pest and disease management practices
- Honeybee and Mushroom production technologies
- Organic pest control agents production